YoM Day 164: pushing the limit

Yesterday, I talked about striving for excellence. Today is a new day. 
"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best." - Tim Duncan
I went to the gym this morning like usual and today I was determined to give it 110% since I missed out on going for the last few days (due to it being on holiday and me getting sick). I felt pumped knowing that I could do more weight and that I've once again raised the bar for myself.

We can always get better at anything we put our mind to. This mentality is what drives the top minds in any field, be it sports, physics, or even cooking. There's always someone better and so to say that we don't have any room for improvement is preposterous. When we believe we've reached the apex we're only telling ourselves that no matter what we do we can never improve past a certain point. Why does it have to be like that? To me that sounds like giving up.

Pushing your limits is important in order for us to reach the next level. When I think of people pushing the limit, the first person that comes to mind for me is Son Goku. He's done every sort of training whether it was wearing weighted clothing while doing farm work as a kid, or working out in 100x Earth's gravity as an adult. He's always found a way to push his limits and as a result he's the beast he is today rivaling even the gods.

Pushing yourself can be done in many ways. Like learning any skill, it's about progression. Rather than doing the same thing for a year and expecting yourself to keep getting stronger (you'll slim down, but after a certain point all you're doing is maintenance), that's how you stagnate. You have to always make what you're doing challenging. Next time run an extra mile. Try doing one more rep. Eat a little less (or more if you wanna gain mass). Do one more math problem just to be sure. It's harder (and less convenient) to do and that's the point. Life is an endless line of hurdles for us to jump over, with each one getting higher and higher. We can stop at any time, but there's always room to do more so long as we have the will to do it.

                                                                                                                    Peace
Inifinite
Like the universe, the possibilities of our growth are limitless.

Comments

Post a Comment