YoM Day 94: from the heart

Yesterday, I talked about coming together to create something greater. Today is a new day. 
"Appreciation can make a day, even change a live. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary." - Margaret Cousins
My friend called me last night to thank me for being there for her the day before. She said it really helped and that she wanted to hang out again soon. That made me feel really glad that I was able to have a positive impact on someone and in turn they also helped bring me up, too. Even the littlest bit of appreciation from someone can help make a person's day. It's a sign that we care.

My parents always told me to thank someone when they did something for me because it's good to show my appreciation to them and it's true. Every day I try to be grateful for everything that's helped make my life more comfortable. I'm making efforts to always show my appreciation to other people, but I always feel like I'm not giving enough. The more I've gained, the more I've thought about giving to other people in order to show my gratitude to them. I've noticed that the more effort I put into giving back, the more the cycle continues and my life starts making turns for the better. It can be something as simple as a "thank you" or a favor like helping someone study. Not all things have to come in finely-wrapped packages.

The best ways to show appreciation are things that come from the heart, and words are often one of the more direct ways of expressing your appreciation. If you can through actions like helping them out in return, creating something especially for them, etc. that's even better. However, appreciation isn't an obligation, so you shouldn't set expectations for yourself on what you "should do" in order to return any favors. It wouldn't be genuine if you have feelings of "duty" lingering in the back of your mind.

The key is that it is genuine.

                                                                                                                      Peace
From the heart
The best things come from the heart

Comments

  1. Today's assignment: express, in words, some you appreciate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment