YoM Day 110: start doing

Yesterday, I talked about wanting to form stronger connections with people. Today is a new day.
"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." - Pablo Picasso
Today, I started looking up video-editing programs to potentially learn in order to start my youtube channel. I've uploaded a few videos of me playing the piano before, but I've never really edited any of them. Just simple uploads. I know jack shit about editing, but if I want to become a youtuber I have to put in the work and learn how to do it or hire someone to do it.

As with any skill, we start from nothing and have to climb our way up toward mastery. Some are naturally gifted at things and can pick them up right away, but they're the exception. Us normal folk have to put in the grind and take things a step at a time before we can get anywhere. Before starting this blog I knew nothing of blogging. I just started doing it (though my buddy really helped me out in getting things set-up). A little over a year later and I've gotten used to posting on a regular basis and putting in basic tags and whatnot. I still have a long way to go before things pick up though.

No matter what it is, whether it's learning a new video game, dieting, weight-lifting, any skill, we have to start from somewhere. The most important thing is taking that first step and doing it. I expect to come across a lot of hurdles when learning to start making my own videos and perfecting the art, but if I keep doing it and do it consistently, I know I'll get the hang of it eventually. The same goes with writing music. I unfortunately haven't been trying to work on making music (or draw much) recently and as a result I haven't been making any progress.

Looking back on this I am reminded of how I can't let the "what-ifs" and fears hold me back from doing the things I want to do. I want to learn how to do a lot of things and the only way I can learn them is to start. I have to just do it. Everything will be put into motion once things get going.

We can't learn to fly if we don't try.

                                                                                                                            Peace
Start
Stop dreaming, start doing

Comments

  1. What do you not know how to do that you can do in order to learn?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment