YoM Day 109: stronger together

Yesterday, I talked about living freely from fear. Today is a new day.
"The world is too dangerous for anything but truth and too small for anything but love." - William Sloane Coffin
The world is full of monsters and humans are generally speaking weak and frail. At first glance it's amazing how we've managed to survive this long since our caveman days. We don't have claws, fangs, super strength, exoskeletons, or any particularly amazing senses compared to other predators. However, it's precisely because we're weak that we've managed to survive and prosper to this day. e What we lack in strength we make up for with our insatiable curiosity, our strong desire for continuous growth, intellect, and most importantly, numbers.

Although we're rather weak on our own, together we are strong. Much like any colony or pack, we're better off working together in order to overcome our weaknesses. Two heads are always better than one because they can watch each others' backs. It's why the military places so much emphasis on instilling a sense of brotherhood and camaraderie during boot camp. Having a support network makes us giants.  

We live in a time of prosperity compared to before the internet was around and although we're more connected than ever it seems like there's a huge disconnect. We have perhaps gotten so used to being connected with everyone that we've taken it for granted and have forgotten the importance of caring for each other. I think that now because we're so connected through the internet that it's more important for us to be caring than ever.

With everything out there and easily accessible I think that makes us more exposed and vulnerable. As such, with everything being out in the open out there I think we too, should be more open to each other. I think that's how we can truly connect with one-another. I don't consider myself the best friend. I generally spend a lot of time to myself and often don't check up on people a lot. I think my general tendency to be closed off from people until I really get to know them has made a lot of my close friendships become distant over time. It's not that I don't care about them or think about them, it's more that I think I'm not there for them as much as they are for me. It's something I've been working on for a long time and I've learned to be more open with people who I meet, but getting really deep and personal is still something I struggle with. I want to change that.

Having a lot of friends means nothing if you haven't really made a strong connection with any of them I think. For the same reasons, having few close friends is more satisfying than having a lot of followers. The stronger the connections, the more unstoppable we become. I want to be more open to everyone around me and I can start by being more open with my writing. No secrets, no shame. Just me.

                                                                                                                          Peace
Together
When connected we become unbreakable.

Comments