YoM Day 107: the signs

Yesterday, I talked about seeing how the world represents our inner condition. Today is a new day.
"I know what the greatest cure is: to give up, to relinquish, to surrender, so that our little hearts may beat in unison with the great heart of the world." - Henry Miller
When saying this, I don't think it means to give up on our dreams or to not try in life. Rather, to notice the signs and stop trying to resist what life is trying to offer you. In other words: try to go with the flow.

I've talked about syncronicity before and I believe them to be one way in which we're guided in life. Some call them "acts of god", "destiny", and other names; however, they all share a similar theme: letting go. We're taught to work hard in order to build a good life under the idea that we are in control of everything. We're taught that not being in control is bad. Although to a certain extent that is true (when working out, or our habits), there are some things we cannot fully control such as the laws and nature of the world, death, etc. We might come close, but we'll never fully control the universe. We're humans, not gods. It's when we let go of the idea of trying to control everything that we can also gain our freedom.

The main difference is the perspective. Rather than depending on life to hand everything to you under the assumption that things will be alright or trying to micromanage every detail of your life through some elaborate get-rich plan for the future, it's about the present. It's about not worrying about everything and noticing the various signs around us that are telling us where to go. Whether it's you realizing that you love doing a certain thing and you end up making a new life revolving around it, accepting an invite you initially didn't want to go to and end up having an amazing time, or even the weather changing your plans and you end up doing something that changes your life forever; the signs are out there and we can choose to pay attention to them.

As I've gone through life I've tried to be open to possibilities and have found so much positivity from it. I may not be perfect or know where I'm headed in the future, but practicing mindfulness has helped me better understand myself and the signs all around me. As long as I'm alive it means there's a possibility for everything to line up nicely. Sometimes I just need a little help, but life's always there helping me get back on track.

                                                                                                                                 Peace
Flowers
Things will line up eventually. Sometimes we just need a little guidance.

Comments

  1. What are some of the signs in your life? What are they trying to tell you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment