YoM Day 84: not everything changes

Yesterday, I talked about self-acceptance. Today is a new day.
"Just because everything is different doesn't mean that everything has changed." - Irene Peter
Earlier today I sang on stage with 1,000 other people to inspire and motivate everyone who gathered in a giant arena. It was crazy. It was one performance after another and we all spent the last 3 months preparing for this one day. It was amazing and was a huge success of an event.

One thing I learned from this event is the power of coming together and uniting as one. Back in the states I participated in similar events and despite living in a country with a very different culture and people now, I still felt the same sense of amazement and power that came with working together with everyone for the same purpose of encouraging everyone.

We are always going through different experiences. Some of us grow, some get stuck in a rut, but deep down we're generally remain the same person we've always been. The main difference is how we change certain aspects of our life. We might develop a new style, start hanging out with different people, or work at a different job; however, who we are doesn't always change when we go about living different lives.

Even though I've moved to a different country, have a new group of friends, and work in a completely different field than I did back in the states, I'm still the same Alex (for the most part) that I was before coming here. Honestly, I find it to be a relief as it means that I'm still me. Even when I change my lifestyle I can still be the same person I was. When I get old I'm pretty confident that I won't change too much and will still keep the one constant that has always been in my life: my individuality.

                                                                                                                       Peace
Changes
Some things will never change, even with time.

Comments

  1. Today's assignment: take some time to think about the things that are different, yet still the same in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment