YoM Day 70: louder than words

Yesterday, I talked about self-realization in life. Today is a new day. 
"All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action." -  James Russell Lowell
Today I helped my girlfriend with her studies to show her that even though she's crazy busy and can't spend a lot of free time with me I understand and support her decision to improve. Actions always speak louder than words. No matter how sweet and sugar-coated they are, words are just words. Actions, on the other hand, are physical representations of our thoughts and feelings. There's no comparison.

No matter how many times I am complimented by others, when someone does something for me I feel so happy and grateful. I think everyone is the same. It feels great to be complimented, but it's not nearly on the same level as someone going out of their way to do something for us. I can't recall a time where someone's act of kindness was underwhelming in comparison to anything they've said. It's like the difference between a skype call and a meeting in-person. An emoji of a hug is nothing in comparison to the real thing.

Knowing this, I also feel that's why I enjoy doing things for others, too. I know that they'll appreciate it more, so it makes me feel good when I see the smiles on their faces when I express my own gratitude toward them. I'm striving to work harder to be more active in letting my actions speak for them-self.

                                                                                                                         Peace
Moving the gears
Words won't get the gears going, actions will.

Comments